01. "Gabriel's Oboe" (The Mission)
02. "Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo" (The Good, The Bad, The Ugly)
03. "C'era Una Volta Il West" (Once Upon A Time In The West)
04. "Metti Una Sera A Cena" (Love Circle)
05. "Nuovo Cinema Paradiso" (Cinema Paradiso)
06. "La Donna Della Domenica" (The Sunday Woman)
07. "Il Clan Dei Siciliani" (The Sicilian Clan)
08. "Addio A Palermo" (Corleone)
09. "Il Mio Nome Č Nessuno" (My Name Is Nobody)
10. "Tema D'Amore Disperato" (Canone Inverso)
11. "Speranze Di Liberta" (Sacco And Vazetti)
12. "Paura Sulla Citta" (Fear Over The City)
13. "La Califfa" (La Califfa)
14. "Inseguimento E Fuga" (Blood In The Streets)
15. "Lontano" (God With Us)
16. "Barbablu" (Barbablu)
17. "Tema D'amore" (Le Casse)
18. "Viaggio Con Anita" (Lovers And Liars)
19. "La Moglie Piů Bella" (The Most Beautiful Wife)
20. "Per Un Pugno Di Dollari" (A Fistful Of Dollars)
01. "Deborah's Theme" (Once Upon A Time In America)
02. "L'Estasi Dell'Oro" (The Good, The Bad And The Ugly)
03. "The Mission" (The Mission)
04. "Dal Sex Appeal Al Primo Fellini" (Cinema Paradiso)
05. "L'Uomo Dell'Armonica" (Once Upon A Time In The West)
06. "Il Segreto Del Sahara" (The Secret Of The Sahara)
07. "Algeri 1 Novembre 1954" (Battle Of Algiers)
08. "Forse Basta" (Il Giro Del Mondo Degli Innamorati Di Peynet)
09. "Il Vizietto" (Birds Of A Feather)
10. "Via Mala" (Via Mala)
11. "La Cosa Buffa" (La Cosa Buffa)
12. "Dimenticare Palermo" (The Palermo Connection)
13. "Romanza Quartiere" (Quartiere)
14. "Si Muore D'Amore" (For Love One Dies)
15. "Thieves After Dark" (I Ladri Della Notte)
16. "Estate 1943" (Libera Amore Mio)
17. "Viva La Revolucion" (Blood And Guns)
18. "Venuta Dal Mare" (Ecce Homo)
19. "Il Vento Il Grido" (Joss Il Professionista)
20. "La Tragedia Di Un Uomo Ridicolo" (Tragedy Of A Ridiclous Man)
01. "Giu La Testa" (Giu La Testa)
02. "Indagine" (Indagine Su Un Cittadino Al Di Sopra Di Ogni Sospetto)
03. "Maturita" (Nuovo Cinema Paradiso)
04. "Per Qualche Dollaro In Piu" (Per Qualche Dollaro In Piu)
05. "Romanzo" (Novecento)
06. "The Falls" (Mission)
07. "Questa Specie D'amore" (Questa Specie D'amore)
08. "Titoli" (Il Federale)
09. "Poesia Di Una Donna" (Veruschka)
10. "I Crudeli" (I Crudeli)
11. "Chi Mai" (Maddalena)
12. "Marche En La" (Alzati Spia)
13. "Cockeye's Song" (C'era Una Volta In America)
14. "La Verité Et Le Soleil" (I ... Come Icaro)
15. "Rivoluzione" (Che C'entriamo Noi Con La Rivoluzione?)
16. "L'uomo Proiettile" (L'uomo Proiettile)
17. "Crescete E Moltiplicatevi" (Crescete E Moltiplicatevi)
18. "Tema Di Dunja" (Il Fiore Delle Mille E Una Notte)
19. "La Ballata Di Hank McCain" (Gli Intoccabili)
20. "La Ragion Pura" (La Ragion Pura)
Ennio Morricone was born November 10, 1928 in a family of professional jazz trumpeter Mario Morricone and housewives Libera Ridolfi, he was the eldest of 5 children. When Ennio was 9 years old, he entered the Conservatory of St. Cecilia in Rome, where he studied for a total of 11 years, received a diploma 3: trumpet in 1946, the class of the orchestra (fanfare) in 1952 and studied composition in 1953.
Show / Hide text
When Ennio was 16 years old, he took the place of the second tube in ensemble Alberto Flamini, in which his father played before. Together with the ensemble Ennio earned by playing in nightclubs and hotels in Rome. A year later Morricone got to the theater, where he worked as a musician 1 year, 3 years and then the composer. In 1950, he started arranging songs by popular composers for radio. Treatment of music for radio and concerts he held until 1960, and in 1960, Morricone began arranging music for the TV show.
Writing music for films Ennio Morricone began only in 1961, when he was already over 30. He started with the Italian Westerns, with the genre, which is now firmly associated his name. Wide fame came to him after work on the films of his former classmate, director Sergio Leone. Creative Alliance director and composer Leone / Morricone often been compared with the famous duets as Eisenstein / Prokofiev, Hitchcock / Herrmann, and Fellini / Rota. Later Morricone's music for their films wanted to order Bernardo Bertolucci, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Dario Argento and many others.
Since 1964, Morricone has worked in a recording company «RCA», which arranged hundreds of songs for celebrities such as Gianni Morandi, Mario Lanza, Miranda Martino and others.
Musical taste Ennio Morricone is very difficult to accurately describe. His arrangements have always been very diverse, they can be heard and the classics, and jazz, and Italian folk and avant-garde, and even rock 'n' roll. Morricone likes to use different instruments, from accordions and horns to electric guitars, but his style - is the use of the female voice as an instrument, is set off by lush orchestration.
Contrary to popular belief, Morricone not only created the soundtracks he wrote chamber and instrumental music, which in 1985 even made a tour of Europe, personally conducting the orchestra in concerts.
Twice in his career Morricone himself starred in the films, for which he wrote the music, and in 1995 a documentary film was made about the maestro. Ennio Morricone is married with four children, he lives in Rome. His son Andrea Morricone also writes music for film.
Biography of Ennio Morricone (Ennio Morricone)
Date of Birth: November 10, 1928
Place of birth: Rome, Italy
Ennio Morricone was born November 10, 1928 in Rome, Italy, in the trumpet family. In 1938 he began studying at the Conservatory of St. Cecilia on the pipe class, in 1944, after listening to the harmony course starts studying composition.
In October 1946 Ennio Morricone received his trumpet. Soon, he continued his studies at the conservatory, began to compose music, making arrangements of folk songs, he began to write music for radio, television and theater.
Since the mid-1950s, Morricone began composing and arranging music for the movie, in the credits, however, specifies the names of the more famous composers. Then he worked for Gianni Morandi, and later studied arrangement for Paul Anka.
In 1961, screens out reel of film "Il Federale", which is considered the first film, the work on which was the composer Ennio Morricone. Over the three years from 1961 to 1964 he composed music for 24 films! Indeed, Morricone's music represents a whole era of the United States.
In 1964 he began his collaboration with film director Sergio Leone and Bernardo Bertolucci. The huge success of the film "A Fistful of Dollars", staged his classmate Leone, became a springboard for Ennio Morricone (although the composer and disappeared under the pseudonym Leo Nichols, and later hiding under the pseudonym Dan Savio). The famous film director Sergio Leone's famous westerns (Sergio Leone), certainly made the right choice of composer for his films. Ennio was no less famous than Clint Eastwood, starring in the lead roles.
When you create the sound design of the film, he used unusual instruments - electric guitars, bells, flute Panova. It is not surprising that soon the composer was invited many well-known directors - for many years of his work, he has worked with Gillo Pontecorvo, Mauro Bolognini, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Mike Nichols, Roman Polanski, Brian De Palma, Pedro Almodovar. Not paid attention to Ennio Morricone and directing such masters like Lucio Fulci (Lucio Fulci) and Dario Argento (Dario Argento) - the best directors of horror films and thrillers!
Total Ennio Morricone has written music for nearly 400 films. Among them we can emphasize such films as "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", "Once Upon a Time in the West", "Once in America," "The Mission," "The Untouchables," "large and small Birds," "Bugsy," " Allonzafan "," Professional "," new cinema 'Paradiso' "," Wolf "," Octopus ". In 1995 the composer was awarded the "Golden Lion" of the Venice Festival for outstanding creative achievements.
He also wrote a lot of chamber music. However, it is music for films made famous Morricone. Ennio Morricone has never received an Oscar, but was very close to it. It was presented in the category "Best film music" in such films as "The Untouchables" (1987), "Days of Heaven" (1978) and "Bugsy" (1991). In 2000 he received the "Golden Globe" for the film "The Legend of the Pianist" (LEGEND OF 1900), and in 2001 got him again for the film "Malena" .A in 2001, he finally gets his well-deserved Oscar for the film "Malena ".